Real Estate Conveyancing
Keep life simple; let us do the legal work.
Whether you are buying your first home or selling your home, you will need someone to prepare the necessary documentation in order to facilitate this process. Conveyancing is a term used to describe the process that is handled by a Notary or a Lawyer to transfer the ownership of the title to the property and/or a right to a property from one party to another. It involves the preparation, exchanging and negotiation of various documents. Conveyancing may also involve any of the following:
Why would you need a Notary to assist you when you buy, sell or mortgage the property?
- transfers of title ownership where no money is exchanged;
- documentation for when you borrow money from the bank, in which case the bank has a mortgage over the title of your property as security for lending money or a home line of credit to allow you to use the money in the future;
- documentation for the transfer or mortgage of residential or commercial real property;
- documentation for the transfer or mortgage of personal property;
- documentation for leases or subleases;
- documentation for the purchase or sale of business assets;
- documentation for the purchase or sale of manufactured homes.
There is a lot of information involved during the process of buying or selling your house; however, sometimes the information is complicated. Our role as your Notary is to simplify the process for you and ensure a smooth transaction. We will take care of the legal aspects involved and give you that peace of mind that everything will complete on time and correctly. If you are looking for assistance with the purchase or sale of your home, why not contact us for more advice and find out how else we can help make it easier for you.
We have expertise in the following areas:
*Some material was adapted from various publications by The Canadian Bar Association (http://www.cbabc.org) and The People's Law School (http://www.publiclegaled.bc.ca).*
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate Transfers (Purchase/Sale)
- Family Transfers
- Contracts & Agreements
- Business Purchase/Sale
- Manufactured Home Transfers
- Foreclosures (Purchaser's Side)
- Commercial Leases & Assignment of Leases
- Easements & Rights of Ways
- Restrictive Covenants & Builder's Liens
- Subdivisions & Statutory Building Schemes
- Personal Property Security Agreements
**DISCLAIMER: NO LEGAL ADVICE PROVIDED-THE MATERIAL ON OUR WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. FOR ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR SPECIFIC LEGAL ISSUE OR INQUIRY PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AND WE WILL BE PLEASED TO DETERMINE WHETHER WE CAN ASSIST YOU**